Tuesday, September 1, 2015

5 tips to keep in mind while shopping for your bridal trousseau

So it's time to get all prepped up now and one of the biggest task for the bride and her family in brown families is preparing the great Indian bridal trousseau..
For us its more like gifts parents wish to give us in the form of clothes, accessories, jewelry, bags, shoes, perfumes, cupboards, suitcases, dinner sets, 325 types of crockeries, microwaves, blender, toaster , waffle maker.. Everything I 'might' need in the future and certain things i might just throw away.. And the most weirdest thing they want to gift u is lingerie.. Oh yes ..u heard me right.. Lingerie.. Indian parents don't want to keep that factor personal and are probably way too kinky and want to prepare you for your sexcapades with ur to be husband..

I recently went to Ahmedabad to shop for a part of my bridal trousseau.. That's Indian suits and sarees.. Ahmedabad is supposed to be the Mecca of Indian wear and oh I wasn't disappointed with what I saw and what I bought.. And it just made me heave a sigh of relief that for atleast a few days mum shall keep mum and stop bickering about the never ending shopping as I could tick off a lot from my list..
But with personal experience I would like to share with y'all 5 essential tips to keep in mind while shopping for all those Indian stuff 

1. Ask a friend whose style you trust and is honest enough with u.

It's very important to have someone who understands you and your body type and helps you decide what looks good and what doesn't in the most honest way. I made this mistake and regretted it in a big way.  I had the quintessential annoying aunty accompany me along with my mom.. Somewhere in between shopping trips, a not so good friend also joined me and her opinion didnt matter much but she somehow just convinced me to buy stuff I wasn't too sure about and now I have a few things I believe I m never gona wear and I wasted a few thousand bucks ..all thanks to her.. I made a mental note of never meeting her ever again but the damage is done already.

2. Never buy anything without trying it on.

Yes I agree that trying tons and tons of things is quite annoying but u have to hold on and make yourself do it. You need to be completely sure whether something looks good on you or not because you got to stay with it forever. Buy it only if u r 100% sure. Leave it even if u have 1% doubt towards it.. Chances r you might not end up wearing it too much 


3. Never shop on an empty stomach.

I think the title says it all.. An empty stomach might make you cranky and cantankerous and you might just find yourself dismissing most of the good stuff just because the fuel hasn't reached your brains yet. It is equally important to stay hydrated.

4. Shop during off season.

Shopping during off season has a lot of its benefits.
A. You get the personal attention from all the salesmen of the shop since they don't have much customers to attend to
B. You end up getting great stuff which are gonna be launched in the next season. The new and fresh stock might just become yours
C. The biggest benefit is cheap bargains.. Since its off season you can demand for great discounts and you can buy the stuff u like for a lot more cheaper rates than it is actually meant to be.


5. Be proactive and start early.

This might reduce a huge amount stress from your shoulders. When your major shopping is taken care of, you can sit back and relax and sip your coffee. You can also start getting your bridal outfits made early as well so that you are not stressed out when your wedding date is coming closer.. A survey suggests that 78% brides face stress because their shopping is still pending or because their bridal outfit is not yet ready. Hence avoid this stress and start early so that you can finish well before time.



Major tip for all you brides to be: 
just sit back and relax..
delegate work.. Don't take a pile load of wedding work on your shoulders,its practically impossible to get everything done alone 
and if it doesn't happen like the way you want to ..don't fret.. Chances are no one shall notice but you and the stress on your face shall be noticed by everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment